2/24 Finished the first set of cabinets and removed all of the wood and project from the shop and put into storage. Just need to complete the doors, dry fit, paint and install. This is one of the hardest projects I’ve ever done. I’d rather install electric lights in the ceiling at home than do this. Here was my to do list so that I could feel more organized.
- Measure and cut the red oak 1 x 2’s for all of the cabinets
- Number the pieces so they fit together
- Assemble the front frames with glue and screws (glue part done)
- Measure and cut the red oak 1 x 2 furring strip for the ceiling
- Attach furring strips to the top of the front frames
- Glue shelf supports to front and back bottom (done)
- Measure Baltic birch sides and cut to fit furring strip at the top
- Assemble front and back cabinets together and dry fit
- Measure for head room in seating area
- Use correct screws!
I am now going to dry fit the long cabinet and install the furring strips. Hopefully, someone at the shop will give me a hand. I think I might do a separate post on screws.